I know I’m a little early with this but I don’t think I’m going to get anymore books read this month, since it’s the bank holiday weekend and I have to work 😦 BUT I have had a BRILLIANT reading month. I haven’t read as much as I usually do since I’ve been a bit slumpy but everything I’ve read has been 4 or 5 stars which I think is pretty impressive.
And out of the five books on my April TBR I read one. Next month I will try harder but sometimes you’ve just got to go with the flow!
2. The Walking Dead Vol 1: Days Gone By by Robert Kirkman.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I liked this introduction to the comic series. I’m not sure that I’ll carry it on but for free (for world comic book day) it was a pretty good read.
Days Gone By
3. The Olive Branch by Jo Thomas.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a summer feel contemporary that although has a romance it isn’t the whole story. This is a book about living your own life with a little bit of love thrown in there. I loved this book.
The Olive Branch
4. Remember Me? By Sophie Kinsella.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This was silly and fun.
5. Can You Keep a Secret? By Sophie Kinsella.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This was also silly and fun. A bit far fetched but I can live with that it being fiction and all.
Can You Keep a Secret?
6. Everyday Sexism by Laura Bates.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I think this should be an essential read for everyone. Sexism is all around us.
The Magic Porridge Pot
8. Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This book really was outstanding. A look at a different time and a different culture that was both fascinating and heartbreaking.
Stay With Me
9. The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This book was creepy, like look over your shoulder creepy. Usually I don’t like an unreliable narrator but in this case it fit perfectly with the story.
The Dead House
10. The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a second read of this book and first time on audiobook. I loved this book a little less than the first time I read it but it is still a fantastic read.
The Shepherd’s Life
11. The Vegetarian by Han Kang.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is both the weirdest yet most intriguing book I’ve read recently. I feel in love with story and I can’t wait to read more by this author.
12. Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is a selection of short stories surrounding the Shadowhunter universe. I love this world and it was just perfect.
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
What was your favourite book this month? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading 🙂