If you read my last post you’ll know I’m feeling a bit slumpy at the moment (Reading Struggles) and I’ve devised a bunch of ways I’m going to fire myself out of it. One of those ways is by buying a bunch of books that I REALLY want to read in the hope I’ll be inspired to read.
So what have I bought?
1. The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks.I bought this book and read it then gave it to a friend. I then bought this book again because I wanted it on my shelves. I forgot I bought this book and bought it on Kindle the other day, but it worked out well as I got it with Whispernet for £5 and enjoyed listening to the whole thing in an afternoon. This book is just so fantastic.
The Shepherd’s Life
A New Map of Love
3. Hammond Flux by Alan Killip
Yet to be delivered
My Glorious Delivery
Tales from the Shadowhunter’s Academy
6. Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones.This had me as Labyrinth retelling.
7. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.I fell in love with the synopsis of this and had to read it.
8. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.This has to be one of the most talked about books of 2017. I can’t wait to read it.
The Hate U Give
9. A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab.Everyone has read this. Now the trilogy has been completed I decided I wanted to pick this up. The more I read the back the more exciting it sounds.
A Darker Shade of Magic
10. The Vegetarian by Han Kang.I’ve been interested in this book since it came out. Finally got round to it and I’m picking this up first. Like the minute I finish this post.
11. The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien.I picked this up second hand because I watched the films for the first time recently and loved them. I have attempted to read this before but I’ve got I’ve got it now for when I want to read it.
Thanks for reading 🙂