I read this on this blog: https://dreamlandbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/tag-the-harry-potter-spells-tag/ and thought it was so cute! So I wanted to do it and here I am!
- Flagrate writing charm – a book you found interesting but would like to rewrite. Animal Farm by George Orwell. Yes this is a classic but the older I get the less I like the story. I love the idea but the way it was portayed could have been so much better. I feel the same about 1984. Can I get a rewrite please?
- Alohomara unclocking charm – A first book in a series that got you hooked. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. This book quickly turned into me binge reading the whole series. I loved this so much.
- Accio summoning spell – a book that you wish you could have right now. There are a lot of books on my TBR that I really want but can’t justify buying them at the price they at the monent. A lot of them are non fiction that I may invest in after Christmas.
- Avada Kenavra killing curse – a killer book. Pretty much anything by Colleen Hoover. Slammed was the first of her books I read and I thought that killed me, then I read Ugly Love which I thought killed me, then Too Late and then It Ends With Us that really did finish me off, until the next book she brings out no doubt.
- Confundo confusion charm – a book you found confusing. After by Anna Todd. It had about every contradiction in it known to man.
- Expecto Patronum guarding spell – your spirit animal book. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath has always resonated with me since I read it for the first time as a teenager.
- Sectum Sempra dark curse – a dark twisted book. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.
- Expecto Patronum disarming spell – a childhood book connected to good memories. I recently ordered a book me and my mum used to read together called Chilling Christmas Tales. It reminds me of making my parents bed into a fort and quality time with my ma.
- Expelliarmus disarming spell – a book that took you by surprise. Breathe by Abbi Glines. I’d read some other books by her and hated them but I really enjoyed this one.
- Prior Incantato reverse spell – the last book you read. Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman.
- Riddikulus boggart banishing spell – a funny book you’ve read. Spectacles by Sue Perkins.
- Sonorus amplifying charm – a book you think everybody should know about. The Wave by Norton Rhue. Truely chilling with its possibility.
- Obliviate memory charm – a book or spoiler you would like to forget having read. I’d love to forget a lot of books so I could read them again for the first time.
- Imperio controlling curse – a book you had to read at school. Beowulf and I hated it!
- Crucio torture curse – a book that was painful to read. Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James was just painful.