I saw Sofie Emde Trebbien do this tag on Booktube and it looked fun so I thought I’d do it!
1. How many books do you usually read at once? I usually have about three on the go; one paperback, one ebook and one audiobook. My paperback is usually the one I am focusing on, I pick up the ebook on the toilet (no jokes) or in bed and listen to my audiobooks whilst I’m doing housework or out walking.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch to reading the other book? I think I answered that above.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks part way through a book? Usual I don’t, but it depends if I loose my bookmark. Sometimes I use reciepts which I loose, but I’m quite good at keeping hold of them now.
4. Where do you keep the book you’re currently reading? In my handbag unless I’m at home where it’s usually either on my desk or on the table next to the sofa. More often that not I keep it in my hand.
5. At what time of day do you find yourself reading the most? If I’m not at work I read mostly late morning to early afternoon. If I’m at work it’s early morning or after I get home from work.
6. How long do you typically read for in one go? Time dependent, anywhere between 10 minutes and 3 hours, even more if I’ve got nothing else on. But I take a mini break after every chapter because I can’t just do one thing for a long time.
7. Do you read hard covers with the dust jackets on or off? Always off! I hate dust jackets, they always feel terrible or I rip them by accident or they come off so it’s easier just to take them off while I read.
8. Which position do you read in? Sitting up! I rarely lay down to read because I have a terrible habit of sleeping when I lay down.
9. Do you take the book you’re reading everywhere you go? Yes, I have a fear of being somewhere, needing a book and not having one. I always carry it round in my handbag when I’m out. I’ve taken books all sorts of places including nightclubs and cinemas!
10. He often do you update your progress with the book your reading on Goodreads? Unless it’s a HUGE book I tend to only update my Goodreads when I’ve finished a book, I read fairly quickly so it seems a bit pointless to update every time I put the book down.
Thanks for reading 🙂