Some people read for fun, some people read to show off and some people read for the challenge. I like to think I’m primarily a reader because I love it but I do like a challenge. This year I signed up to the Goodreads reading challenge with the intentions of reading 90 books this year, I’m already on 83 books so I think I sold myself a little short on that challenge. So I found another one, one of those cute ones you see on everyone’s Instagram accounts. I thought it’d be fun to see how many of these I can check off without trying.
Thank you https://heaveninordinary.wordpress.com/2016/01/02/2016-reading-challenge/ for this!
- A book published this year: The Last Star by Rick Yancey.
- A book you can finish in a day: I’ve read a lot of books in a day but I’ll go for Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, could not put this book down.
- A book you’ve been meaning to read: Slammed by Colleen Hoover. I had never read a Colleen Hoover book before this year (shame on me) but I did have Slammed on my list of books to pick up for a long time. Can’t believe I waited so long because now I couldn’t imagine my life without Colleen Hoover.
- A book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller: **NEED TO COMPLETE** I haven’t done this, I rarely listen to recommendations because I think I know best. I will give this a go and see if I get a gem.
- A book you should have read in school: Spies by Michael Frayn. I half read this at school and kinda liked it then I picked it up again earlier this year and loved it.
- A book chosen by your spouse, partner, sibling, child or BFF: **NEED TO COMPLETE** once again, I think I know best for my reading needs.
- A book published before you were born: **NEED TO COMPLETE** Nope, earliest publication is 1999! I’m not really one for older books, especially classics (I am a heathen). I have got a couple of older books on my TBR pile that’ll take care of this one though.
- A book that was banned at some point: **NEED TO COMPLETE** I’ve read a lot of contemporaries this year that are about as controversial as a loaf of bread.
- A book you’ve previously abandoned: **NEED TO COMPLETE** I am doing badly aren’t I? All abandoned books are still abandoned, for now!
- A book you own but have never read: Now, I’m going to presume this means a book I have owned for a while and final read rather than a book I have to read that I own because I’ve already done that over 2 blogs (see My Ridiculous TBR Pile Parts 1 &2). Killing Ways by Alex Barclay. I won this in a competition ages ago and I kept leaving it and leaving it till I felt guilty and forced myself to pick it up. It turned out to be very good.
- A book that intimidates you: there have been a couple this year. Beloved Poison by E. S. Thomson because it was historical fiction. Battle Royale by Koushun Takami mainly because it seemed so big but actually once I got into it, it was an easy and interesting read.
- A book you’ve already read at least once: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I read these two ALL THE TIME! Usually jus in snippets but I have read both in their entirety this year and I love them both. I don’t even bother putting these in my Goodreads’ challenges because they simply aren’t a challenge.
7/12 isn’t that bad! And I’ve still got six months to work on the other 5. Are you completing a challenge? Or do you have a challenge you’d like me to have a look at? Let me know in the comments!